Christian education is at the very heart of the church. Spending time studying Scripture is foundational to growing in faith. In the educational process, the Spirit of God encounters people of all ages so that they are nurtured in faith, grow in knowledge and experience, and are inspired and empowered to live as disciples of Jesus Christ.
Sunday School is a time of learning for children, youth, and adults. Each Sunday during the school year, interactive classes are offered to teach Biblical stories and to learn ways to approach everyday situations that reflect how God desires for us to live and interact with all creation.
9:15 a.m. Fellowship time with coffee and donuts
9:30 a.m. Classes for all ages during the school year—Labor Day to Memorial Day.
- Two classes, ages 3 years to first grade, and second grade through fifth grade, meet in classrooms on the second floor.
- The high school class also meets on the second floor. Use elevator, or stairs beside the elevator to reach these classrooms.
- The middle school/confirmation class meets in the music office—first floor behind Memorial Hall.
- The Adult Bible class meets in the Parlor—up the ramp from the parking lot entrance, turn down the hall to your right, last room on the left. Leader: Tim Gotwald
- The Pastor’s class gathers in Meeting Room 2 –up the ramp from the parking lot entrance, turn down the hall to your right, first room on the right. Study topics vary depending on the interests of the participants.
Following Lutheran tradition, our Middle School youth are actively engaged in studying “What it means to be Lutheran.” They are growing in faith while gaining an understanding of the promises made for them at the time of their baptism. At the end of their 8th grade year, a service of confirmation is part of our worship during which these young persons affirm their baptism. This time of learning is on Sunday mornings at 9:30 in the Music office.
WELCA is our congregation’s women’s organization. All women are welcome to attend our Circle Bible study and fellowship gatherings.
“Circles” gather monthly except in October, December, and March, when we all meet together for special presentations
Sister Margaret Circle meets the first Tuesday of the month at 7 p.m.
The Afternoon Circle meets the second Monday of the month at 1:30 p.m.
Everyone is welcome to come on Wednesday lunchtime– 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m– for informal Bible study and prayer. Usually we read and discuss the lessons for the coming Sunday. Bring a sandwich and join in!
Our VBS offers a fun way to learn more about God’s love. Offered for children aged 3 through 5th grade, our VBS begins with supper each evening at 5:30 p.m. and activities until 8:00 p.m. This year our program will be held Monday, June 20th – Thursday, June 23rd. VBS is open to all children of the community!
Our church library is located behind the chapel. We have many, many books for you to enjoy reading. We have many reference books for the Bible but also we have a great collection of fiction books for your enjoyment. The books are cataloged and shelved for you to browse and sign out a card if you wish to borrow and take it home to read. We have adult, teen and many great children books for families to take and read.