Christian education is at the very heart of the church. Spending time studying Scripture is foundational to growing in faith. In the educational process, the Spirit of God encounters people of all ages so that they are nurtured in faith, grow in knowledge and experience, and are inspired and empowered to live as disciples of Jesus Christ.
Sunday School is a time of learning for children, youth, and adults. Each Sunday during the school year, interactive classes are offered to teach Biblical stories and to learn ways to approach everyday situations that reflect how God desires for us to live and interact with all creation.
9:15 a.m. Fellowship time with coffee and donuts
9:30 a.m. Classes for all ages during the school year—Labor Day to Memorial Day.
- Two classes, ages 3 years to first grade, and second grade through fifth grade, meet in classrooms on the second floor.
- The high school class also meets on the second floor. Use elevator, or stairs beside the elevator to reach these classrooms.
- The middle school/confirmation class meets in the music office—first floor behind Memorial Hall.
- The Adult Bible class meets in the Parlor—up the ramp from the parking lot entrance, turn down the hall to your right, last room on the left.
- The Pastor’s class gathers in Meeting Room 2–up the ramp from the parking lot entrance, turn down the hall to your right, first room on the right. Study topics vary depending on the interests of the participants.
Our VBS offers a fun way to learn more about God’s love. Offered for children aged 3 through 5th grade, our VBS begins with supper each evening at 5:30 p.m. and activities until 8:00 p.m. This year our program will be held Monday, June 11th – Thursday, June 14th. VBS is open to all children of the community!
Our church library is located behind the chapel. We have many, many books for you to enjoy reading. We have many reference books for the Bible but also we have a great collection of fiction books for your enjoyment. The books are cataloged and shelved for you to browse and sign out a card if you wish to borrow and take it home to read. We have adult, teen and many great children books for families to take and read.
We encourage our members to be aware of God’s presence in our lives with daily Bible reading and prayer. The Word in Season lists three readings and a brief meditation for daily use. It is available in Memorial Hall and upstairs as you exit the elevator. For folks who begin their day in front of a computer we suggest these resources:
Our Daily Bread at odb.org
At womenoftheelca.org/resouces-pages-5.php you can sign up for Daily Bread via email, or get it at the App Store or Google play, for your phone.
Visit the website www.vibrantfaithathome.org offers ideas and activities for all ages from toddlers to teens. There you will find age appropriate prayers, Bible study, engaging activities for the whole family, and suggestions for how to talk about faith with your kids.
www.d365.org offers a simple devotional each day, designed with young people and families in mind. Use it with your whole family, or to introduce the idea of individual devotional time to your children or teenagers.