First Lutheran Church in Chambersburg is seeking a 20-25 hour per week Parish Administrator. This person will perform administrative and secretarial services for the congregation, pastor, and staff. We are seeking someone with a command of Microsoft Office Software and website maintenance. Organizational skills, volunteer coordination abilities, basic office equipment knowledge, and a strong aptitude for computers, with skills in time management, verbal and written communication, friendliness, and a high degree of accuracy and confidentiality are necessary. Contact: email@example.com
To perform administrative and secretarial services for the congregation, pastor and staff. Works also with the general public and outside suppliers. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are necessary. Command of Microsoft Office Software essential. Ability to update website, organize, coordinate volunteers, and keep basic office equipment functioning. A strong aptitude for time management, friendliness, and a high degree of accuracy and confidentiality are necessary. The Parish Administrator reports to the Pastor.
- Serve as a clerical assistant to the pastor.
- Have a good working knowledge of the programs and activities of the parish
- Receive visitors, incoming calls, and mail
- Maintain parish records, correspondence, and documents
- Maintain the Parish Calendar of events
- Have a working knowledge of the files for purposes of referrals; organize and maintain such
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Keep the website current
- Create bulletins with worship information provided by music director and pastor, reports, letters, correspondence and other materials, coordinating their layout, assembly and distribution
- Prepare monthly newsletters and mailings
- Coordinate building usage and room scheduling; communicating information and set-up requests to custodian
- Maintain inventory and order office supplies and church supplies
- Arrange for contractual or repair service on office equipment as needed
- Maintaining the prayer list and informing pastor of pastoral care needs
- Copy worship DVDs as requested
- Maintain records and send acknowledgements for all memorial contributions
- Mail correspondence to families who are interested in membership, baptism, first communion, confirmation, etc.
- Manage membership records (transfers, new members, baptisms, confirmations, deaths, marriages, change of addresses, etc.) and enter updated membership data into the Shepherd’s Staff database, and on permanent (paper) records with accuracy and attention to detail
- Prepare and mail giving statements and stewardship mailings with the guidance of the financial secretary
- Order offering envelopes for families and keep addresses with envelope company updated throughout the year
- Distribute postal mail appropriately
- Create sign-up sheets and posters for the hallway bulletin boards
- Work with Evangelism Committee related to visitors, directories, welcome packets, etc.
- Assembly of annual report and monthly council packets
- Attend monthly staff meetings
- Ordering and arranging devotional material and other displays
- Other things as requested by the pastor
The starting wage is $12.50 with a 90-day probationary period. Criminal background record, child abuse record, and FBI record will be required.