A musical welcome to my page! Here are a few “notes” about me.
- I grew up in the Five Forks, Quincy, and Waynesboro area. After college, I moved to Chambersburg and am still there.
- Education: Waynesboro Area Sr. High School, Millersville University (BS Music Education K-12), and Gettysburg Lutheran Seminary (MA Church Music and Christian Education)
- I direct the Sanctuary Choir, The Rose Ringer Hand Bell Choir, and play the organ for all services.
- I am a member of the Mercersburg Area Community Band and the Cumberland Valley School of Music Community Band. I play flute and piccolo in these groups.
- My husband Jeff and I have 4 children and have recently welcomed 4 grandkids to our family.
- I have 3 cats, “Jazzmine”, “Lily”, and “Pepper”. They are quite a trio and provide lots of entertainment on a daily basis.
- My favorite things to do when I’m not sharing music are: travel to different places, swim laps at the Fitness Center (over 500 miles totaled), ride my bike, read when I get a chance, cooking new recipes, crochet prayer shawls and blankets, and most recently, love to watch my grandkids every chance I get.
Any adults who would like to worship God with their vocal talents are welcome. See Freda or any choir member if you would like to sing in the choir. The Choir
- Leads the liturgy during worship
- Sings an anthem each week except for the month of August
- Cantata’s are presented on the Sunday before Christmas and on Palm Sunday. This is an 8 week commitment for those who want to sing during the festival seasons
- Rehearsals are held on Thursday nights at 7:15pm in the choir room.
ALL students are welcome to sing in the choirs. The choirs typically sing once a month during the regular church service. The Youth present a Christmas cantata during the Advent season.
- Elementary Choir is open to students in K-5th grade. Rehearsal time is Sunday 9:30-9:45am
- Youth Choir is open to students in grades 6 through 12. Rehearsal time is Sunday 10:15-10:30am
- The Rose Ringers Hand bell Choir is open to those who would like to learn the art of hand bell ringing.
- Rehearsal time is Thursday’s from 6-7:00pm
- We compliment the service with preludes, hymn accompaniments, and occasionally a choir anthem.
- We participate in the annual fall “Chambersbellfest” with several local bell choirs.
- Special class sessions available for new members.
- The orchestra accompanies worship services on the 4th Sundays of June, July, and August.
- This group is open to all instrumentalists. There are other opportunities for instruments occasionally during the church year to enhance our worship experience.